Wednesday 30 July 2014

What's in my holiday beauty bag?

Hello! Long time no see! What with university, work, illness and general busyness I haven't been able to post in ages but never mind I'm back and the next couple of posts will be holiday based as I am going away in August! 

I decided to write about what's in my holiday beauty bag and all the toiletries that I have chosen to take with me! This post will not include any make up or nail items but let me know if that's something you'd like to read :)


So I've been collecting these items pretty much since I booked my flights a couple of months ago, as a beauty addict this is one part of holiday prep that I really enjoy and I am taking a pretty extensive list of items however about 80% of the things are products I use on the daily anyway and I don't want to slack on skincare or hair care for two weeks just because I'm going away! Also being in the sun a lot is one time when you really should look after your skin and hair!

I've split the products into categories so I can more easily show you what I have bought :)

In Shower Products


So I'll just work my way around this photo, every time I go away I like to buy myself a new loofah and exfoliating gloves just because it's a nice treat to have when you're going somewhere exciting! I bought cheap razors because when wearing a bikini it is nice to have freshly shaven legs/skin every day and so I will go through them so quickly, I also bought a mini satin care shave gel which is what I use at home and I love it, this was part of the 4 for £3 at Asda which is a complete bargain for holiday mini's. 
Currently I am obsessed with everything Soap And Glory so I obviously went for the mini shower cream and scrub. Scrubbing is important when away, get rid of all the nasty skin to make way for beautiful new soft tanned skin! 
Clinique recently did a 'Bonus Time' which I am a sucker for and the products are the perfect size for holiday so I'm taking the scrub and cleanser with me, lets hope they last the two weeks! I never have to worry about using new clinique products on my skin because I know the quality of them is always so good and they're always so kind to the skin. 
And finally where would I be without my trusty in shower moisturiser? I will be using after-sun AND moisturiser too but in the event that I get a little burnt I want to go to lengthy extremes to ensure I DO NOT peel! I've been a little sun kissed this summer already in the UK and this stuff has been a god send, I've raved about it before so don't really need to do it again!

Hair Care


Now this may look a little ridiculous for just one persons hair for two weeks but I do not have normal hair, I have enough hair for two people so it takes a lot of product! I'm taking away my favourite and trusty Aussie shampoo and conditioner and I need the full size because I use so much product for each wash and tend to wash my hair daily or every other day when I'm away because of the chlorine/sea water etc. 
I've got a mini '3 minute miracle' conditioner because my hair gets very dry especially in the humidity so I'll probably use that twice over the two weeks. 
As for non-shampoo hair care I've repurchased the Aussie 'Miracle Recharge' leave in conditioner, I normally go for the luscious long which smells and works amazing but I recently ran out of heat protectant so I thought I'd go for the 'Take The Heat' one and combine the two! I've started using it already and am loving it so far. 
Every year that I've been away since about the age of 12 I've taken the Shockwaves curling mousse. I find that my natural waves really come out when the waters softer abroad and this mousse just enhances the waves and gives my hair a lovely naturally soft but 'under control' feel. I swear by this and will carry on using it for years to come, it's also really inexpensive so I can't complain.
The next two are just little minis that are daily needs, a mini Batiste dry shampoo in the tropical scent (of course) and a Silvrikin hairspray, I'm hoping this will be enough hairspray but if not oh well!

After Shower Products


So when I get out of the shower at home I normally moisturise, put on deoderant and perfume and am good to go... however when in another country, one that is particularly hot, this is not always doable! I have a huge hatred of being hot and sweaty, especially just out of the shower, so I like to take baby powder away with me so my skin loses the sticky hot feeling completely! I then usually potter about in my towel before doing everything else. I just got one of the mini Johnsons baby powders from Asda, I think it was £1!
As for moisturiser I recently bought the Nivea 'Good-Bye Cellulite Gel Cream' (what a name) as it was on offer in Sainsbury's and I had wanted to try it for a while. I have a lot of cellulite on my thighs and luckily it's in a place where I can easily hide it but when in a bikini on holiday it's very much out there for the world to see. While I've usually not been too bothered I thought I would give this a go and see how it works for me. I've been using it for two weeks now and can definitely see a difference, it says by 3 weeks it'll be noticeably different looking so I'm gonna stick with it and take it away with me to help it further. 
I also bought the Soap and Glory 'The Daily Smooth', I have been religiously using Soap and Glorys 'Butter Yourself' lotion for a few weeks now but finding that in a bottle smaller than 500ml was near impossible and who needs that much moisturiser for 2 weeks? So I went for this one instead which I found in a 250ml bottle and I actually really like it, I've only used it once just to see what it's like and it isn't too heavy and is quick drying which is exactly what I wanted for holiday, it also smells amazing!
The deoderant I use is the SURE crystal, I think it works really well and it's always on offer so I usually stock up.
As you can see in the picture I have two mini's from Clinique which I actually think I will keep in my hand luggage for travelling, theres a mini fragrance which smells lovely (I'm not sure of the name) and a travel sized body butter perfect for dry skin on the plane. 
Lastly in this section is my perfume, I'm not 100% sure whether I am going to take this yet as I may buy a cheeky new one in duty-free but we'll see! This is my favourite perfume and it's called 'Viva La Juicy' by Juicy Couture. 

Skin Care


I've tried to keep this minimal as I can easily get carried away with what products to take! On the left hand side I have two Clinique gel moisturisers, I got the mini free when I bought the full sized and I really don't know how I ever lived without it, my skin has honestly never felt so soft and hydrated. I'm going to carry the mini one with me in my hand luggage. We leave at 3am and our flights at 6 so it's going to be a nice pick me up throughout the morning. 
After not being able to get hold of any mini Biodermas I thought I would try a new facial make up remover, I've been loving this one by L'Oreal and honestly think it's a really good dupe for Bioderma. I'm going to take this with me and most likely transport it into a smaller travel size bottle.
I'm taking two of my old favourites with me, my No.7 eye cream for Youthful eyes and my Johnsons face wipes for sensitive skin. I haven't used wipes in a very long time but I thought I would get some anyway as I'm likely to need them when I'm hot or if it's late and I'm being lazy!
I found these Simple minis at Asda for £1 each so I bought an eye make up remover and a toner. I don't doubt these will do the job fine, I would rather take my No.7 eye make up remover and my Olay toner but annoyingly they're in big bottles, too big for my needs, so I thought I'd just get these handy travel sizes.
Obviously I won't be taking all of these cotton pads with me but I thought I would show you the ones I like to use, they're organic cotton and from Sainsburys and are really soft on the skin. They don't leave any of that horrible cotton behind on your eyelashes so I really rate these and will be taking them for my make up remover, toner and nail varnish remover.

Sun Care


Last but not least is sun cream and after sun. These aren't all mine they're actually for me and my boyfriend to share hence why there's so many and such a huge after sun! We both really love the consistency and smell of the Ambre Solaire so got these in a factor 15 and a factor 10 which is what we'll both use for the majority of time. Obviously for the first few days a higher factor is required so we bought a 30 from the Sainsbury's own range, I have these ones every year and really rate them and after reading that article about supermarket-own brand sun protection products being the better choice for protection over more popular named brands I have no reason not to buy them, they're also so much cheaper! These were on offer at the time I bought them so I got another factor 15 just incase we need it. 
Our after sun is the classic one from Ambre Solaire, it smells amazing and does the job perfectly, between us we've already used loads because of the lovely weather here in the UK!

I hope you enjoyed reading this, let me know if you have any suggestions for future posts and I hope you're all having a great summer!

Bethan x










No comments:

Post a Comment