Monday 30 July 2012

How to: Cheat a winged eyeliner!

A winged eyeliner is something a lot of people deem to be quite daunting when really it couldn't be simpler, here is a trick that I use all the time when either my eyeliner isnt going as planned. It's actaually usually because I'm being lazy or if I have a blunt pencil that I can't be bothered to sharpen. This tip is great for those days where you're in a rush and don't have time to look for a sharpener or mess around with fiddly liquid or gel eyeliner!

I love pencil eyeliner, I find it looks the most natural paired with neutral eyeshadows. I also find that brown pencil (I NEVER use black!) really brings out the colour of my eyes and so it's always my go-to eyeliner.

Below is a small and incredibly simple step by step of how this trick works.
All you have to do is get your eyeliner, draw on your upper lash line as thick or thin as you want. As you can see in the top row of pictures I do not have a wing, it's really just a stubby end to what should be a wing, this is what you get when you do it in a rush or with a blunt pencil. Then grab a make up wipe (look to the middle pictures) wrap it tightly around your finger nail, place your finger in your outer tearduct and swipe outwards and upwards in the direction you want your wing to go, this will take the bottom off the eyeliner and bring it out into a point. It takes about 2 seconds and as you can see from the bottom pictures, it really works!

So next time you're rushing around because you don't have enough time to do your eyeliner (which I used to do a lot) don't worry, just use this simple trick! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment