Tuesday 24 July 2012

Review: Recent MAC purchases!

As you can tell by the title I've been buying a few bits in MAC and I wanted to write about them! This post is really just saying what's good for my eye colour and skin tone and showing you what kinda thing I do with make up (a small snippet) but i'm really just writing it because I have been so excited about getting these as I love MAC so much!

I bought these items at 4 different occasions but I've been waiting to write about them and now I feel I have a substantial amount that it's gonna be a long enough post!


Above is just an overview of what I've been buying, I've made it my mission to build up my eyeshadow collection because I love them and feel like they're a good investment! (The word I use for something expensive that I don't really need but buy anyway!)


I'll start with this, it's a Mineralize skinfinish AKA a set powder haha. I've been using The Body Shop's   loose translucant face powder for a long time but I ran out literally the day before holiday so set out to get a new one at the airport, when I saw they had a MAC duty free I literally went crazy, I would've bought more but we were in a huge rush so I just got what I'd intended to. Normally I don't like set powder as I have naturally dry skin and it enhances the dryness whereas with loose powders you can apply just the tiniest amount. I had a little go with the tester and was surprised at how thin and soft it was so I decided to get it, it was a very good decision because I now love this product! It makes my skin so so soft and has a really nice coverage. Normally £21 I got this for £17.50 and I bought it in the shade 'light', which even with my tan suits me nicely.

This was the first MAC eyeshadow I bought from the permenant collection, it's called 'Aquadisiac' and is the prettiest teal colour, it's really shimmery with tiny specs of glitter in it. I absolutely adore this colour, I'd been saying to myself for a long time that I would only allow myself to buy a MAC eyeshadow when I knew what colour I wanted and as soon as I saw this I instantly knew I had to have it! I don't think I'm brave enough to wear blue on my eyelids yet so I wear a little bit of this on my lower lash line and it really opens up and brightens the eyes. I wear it with neutral colours on my lid and it just adds a little pop of colour. A little bit really goes a long way and I'll definitely still be using this eyeshadow in years to come.

The second eyeshadow on my list was actually a present from my wonderful boyfriend but I did get to choose the colour, it was another 'see it and need it' moment, it's a really rich pink/gold combo, the name given is the eyeshadow in a nutshell, it just looks expensive and luxurious. I wear this colour in my crease normally during the day, it compliments my brown eyes so well but would look good on any colour. I wear it on my lid on a night out paired with a dark brown crease. It's the type of make up that makes you feel good when wearing it. I love it!

The next two shadows I bought at the same time when I really just went on a splurge, these weren't so impulsive though. This one, 'All That Glitters', I've wanted for literally years, ever since I got into make up and started watching 'allthatglitters21' on youtube. This is the most beautiful neutral colour. It's not a nude but really would go with anything, I've worn this so much since buying it, I bought this and the next one together so that I could wear them together and they go so well. This is the type of eyeshadow that really is a must have and will be on my 'repurchase' list for a long time to come. If I could only have one of the eyeshadows I've shown it would definitely be this one as it's so universal and gorgeous! Not only can it go anywhere on your eye but it would suit any eye colour or shape, it's a really good all-round product.

I got so excited buying this one, it's called 'Satin Taupe' and is a dark purpley/brown colour. I knew I wanted this one after watching Tanya Burr's 'Top 10 MAC eyeshadows' on her youtube channel 'pixi2woo' (check her out, she has the most amazing make up tutorials). This colour was in her top 10 and just seeing how beautiful it was on her made me really want it. She has brown eyes like me so I knew it would suit me and I absolutely adore purple colours on my eyes, so this one mixed with a little brown was like getting the jackpot. I probably never would've picked this up if it wasn't for that video which is why I'm so grateful for Tanya's channel! I wear this one in my crease, a little bit during the day isn't too dark but then add a little more and it's perfect for a night out. This colour makes me so excited, like 'all that glitters' it just goes with so much and really compliments my eye colour, if you have brown eyes then I really reccomend this colour!

You can find all this at www.maccosmetics.co.uk


No comments:

Post a Comment