Tuesday 26 November 2013

Lush Review: Star Light Star Bright

I don't know if I've mentioned it before but I am a huge Lush addict and I keep thinking I need to do a collective Lush review but then I always think I have more things I haven't tried but will want to review so the only option I've come up with is to do mini reviews as I go!

My first product to review is this bath melt called 'Star Light Star Bright' that was released as part of the Christmas 2013 limited edition range. I was instantly drawn to this because it is covered in silver glitter and it just looks SO pretty! I picked it up in the store which was a huge mistake because it starts to melt straight away and I was left a glittery mess! 


I've tried Lush bath melts before but this was my favourite by a long mile, it's one of the best Lush products I've ever used and I've already bought a second. 
So after you run your bath you just pop it in the water and all the glitter comes away as it starts to melt and forms a shimmery layer over the water which I personally love, if you don't like having to wash your bath out when you're finished then I wouldn't recommend this.


When it starts to melt the water becomes almost oily which is perfect for this time of year when the horrible weather is drying out my skin. When I got in the bath it felt like my skin was being moisturised without me actually doing anything. I did rub it up and down my arms and legs as a kind of moisturiser and it made my skin RIDICULOUSLY soft, I was so amazed at just how well it was working.
As it continued to melt I discovered it had a hidden centre, something I love from Lush. The centre is a deep blue which dyes the water and you are left with a sparkly blue bath that's meant to look like a night sky, very imaginative!


So I love the look and the feel of the bath melt and another thing I loved was the smell, it's not super sweet and over powering like some Lush products but it's a really relaxing smell that, along with being in the bath obviously, made me feel so relaxed. 
The bath melt itself is really big in comparison to others I've tried and so it takes ages to melt which is nice especially when you're like me and like to also use it as a moisturising bar! And it also means you get more for your money as it's a similar price to the other bath melts.

When I got out of the bath the scent lingered on my skin which is another thing I love about lush products, I smelt amazing and my skin was more soft than it's been in a very long time. 
One thing I didn't realise until I looked at my skin in the light when it was dry was that not only had the smell lingered but so had the glitter! As I moved my arm under the light I literally sparkled like one of the Cullens. Not everyone will like this but I did, I don't understand who wouldn't want to sparkle!




The shimmer on my skin was very subtle, if I was to go outside with my skin like it I don't think anyone would've noticed but I noticed and I had that lovely relaxed feeling you get after you've really pampered yourself. 

This bath melt is only £3.30 which I think is great considering the such high quality of the product. I can't say enough good things about it I just can't wait to have another bath with one! The only thing I didn't like is that the shimmer washed off in my shower the next day and I wish it would've stayed longer! 

This would be a great little present or stocking filler for Christmas, it's just so festive and a luxurious product perfect for this time of year.

Bethan x

1 comment:

  1. im a huge lush fan too! i havent seen this yet, and im glad to see the shimmer aint so overwhelming. were a bit late on the holiday products but some friends already sent me a couple of the snow fairy products. they smell amazing <3 i heard they are coming out with perfumes too which i am really excited about.

    ReplyDelete