Sunday 3 June 2012

Blueberry filled Jubilee Cupcakes!


So the Jubilee weekend is upon us and I had the urge to make something patriotic! At work this afternoon I was working down the aisle full of bakery products and found these amazing cupcake cases (below)! There’s red spotty ones, blue ones with little guards and there was also white ones with union jacks which I decided against using (white icing!).


As It’s a monarchy event there was no other cake to go for other than vanilla (Victoria sponge in mini form really!)


The summer is (slightly) upon us so I thought I had to use some fruit with these cupcakes, in particular the Kentish Strawberries! I also wanted to include a filling so I bought blueberry jam (my favourite) and whilst the cupcakes were still warm piped the jam into the centre of the cakes for a bit of a surprise for the people who ate them!


To go with the red, white and blue theme I made some white buttercream and literally just spread it on the cakes with a pallet knife, piping is fun but not on a Sunday evening when I wanted to create as little mess as possible! After that I chopped up the fruit and VOILA!


Jubilee cupcakes! They’re so summery and easy to mak and would be the perfect bake for a Jubilee party/picnic/BBQ :)






(£1 for an assortment of 75 cupcake cases from Sainsbury's)



1 comment: