Saturday 23 June 2012

Holiday Fashion

Summer is somewhat here... it's technically the summer months but the weather fails to agree. Even so I'm a sun junkie and am going on holiday in just over ONE WEEK! And because It's going to be hot hot hot in Tenerife where I'm going I needed to get a few new clothes and a few necessities, below is an overview of what I got, there's a few bargains, a few tips and generally what a curvy girl like myself would wear on holiday! 

*I took all the pictures in one go hence why I'm wearing the same thing in most*

I got these 3 tops SO cheap, the top two are from a shop called Monki which is a european store, I was in London and stumbled upon this small shop in Carnaby St. They had a huge half price sale on and I found a bunch of these tops in all different colours, I normally stick to pinks and blues but I was feeling daring so I got an orange one and a pastel yellow one with stripes. They are very sheer so I do need to wear a separate white vest or bandeau underneath if I'm going out but they do look fine with just a bikini underneath if I'm just going to be lounging around the pool. The orange one was £5 reduced from £10 and the yellow was £3 reduced from £6, such a good price for pretty, nice quality tops. The sale is still on (23/06/12)! so check it out at www.monki.com

The white top is from New Look, they have a really great basics section, I originally just wanted a couple of these to throw over my bikini and shorts on holiday but they're a really flattering shape when wearing with shorts and can be thrown on under a skirt like shown above. All the tops are racer back which I love! I got two white tops and they're 2 for £6 which is an absolute bargain! Buy them at www.newlook.com


This next one is my ultimate favourite purchase, it's this gorgeous chambray skater skirt, it looks denim but it's actually 100% cotton, it's so soft and perfect for summer because you can wear it time and time again with all different style tops. I love skater skirts because they nip you in at the waist and are very slimming, I'm a pear shape and don't really like wearing shorts so this was a nice alternative to denim shorts, and it's just as versatile!

I bought this skirt in an ASOS sale, it's American Apparel, one of my favourite brands and it was 50% off! I couldn't believe it as it's such good quality. This skirt was originally £33 and I bought it for £16.50, it's still in the sale now but has risen to £24. You can find it on www.asos.com

Not much to say about this one, this cardigan is for chilly nights or beachy days or general english weather, it's always good to have loose cardi's to chuck on over any outfit and this colour goes with so much. It's a gorgeous clay colour. The cardigan was only £9.99 from H&M, it wasn't on sale but it was still such a bargain! www.hm.co.uk 


I love love love this next one, it's a playsuit from H&M. I'm already in love with playsuits and want to broaden my collection, they're so easy to throw on and wear, you don't have to think about it at all. I love this one as it can be a day or a night look, I've worn it in the day with tights and the cardigan shown above but it could also be worn during the night with a little jacket and sandals. It's a really nice material and has the prettiest daisy print on it. I also love the zip detailing on the front. I normally only wear things that sinch at the waist and not the hip but this one is surprisingly very flattering. The top half is tighter than the bottom half so it's still loose around my legs which I like. It was only £14.99 from H&M! www.hm.co.uk

I found this on the way to the till actually, I'd been looking for a kaftan/coverup for ageeees but could't find one I liked that was a good price and would fit nicely. This was just hanging on a rail near the checkout and I impulse bought it! So glad I did, it's so pretty, it's very loose to wear to and from the beach or pool and is the right amount of coverage, I would't want it to be any more opaque and any more sheer it would've been see through! It has a rope tie around the waist which is adjustable so it can really emphasise a small waist and still give you some shape when you're walking around in a bikini but don't wanna show off your bod too much! It was a bargain at £7.99 from H&M www.hm.co.uk

Here are two of my bikinis, I already have a black bandeau bikini but it's not new so didn't bother showing it plus it's very simple. The top bikini is a balcony with detachable halter neck, it's a 'clip' back which is a bit of a nuisance as I prefer ties on bikinis as I can never get one to fit round the front and back, they either fall down because the backs too big or cut off my circulation cos they're too tight around the front! Not good. I can live with a bit of give with this one though as it's GORGEOUS. I will just have to wear the halter when I'm moving around. It's a really pretty floral print and cost £16 from topshop, I did think this was quite pricey for a bikini top as the patterned bottoms were another £12! I bought plain black bottoms to go with it because as a pear you want to draw attention up rather than down at your fat bum so it's good to have a print on top and a plain bottom. www.topshop.com

The bottom bikini is a navy blue ruffle bikini from River Island. I always think River Island have really nice and flattering bikinis. It has circular disks ruffled all over the front and has a tie halter as well as back so this will be my bikini for days out to do water sports or go to the water park cos this baby aint going nowhere! It has matching tie bottoms (minus the ruffles) with little gold beads on the ties. It's so pretty and fits so well. I actually bought this on www.asos.com as it's free p&p, it's exactly the same price there as it is on www.riverisland.co.uk

Another pair of sandals! I'm going to keep this pair of sandals for the day time as I don't want them to get ruined out, they're real leather sandals from New Look, they were originally £14.99 but they're £5 off at the moment. £10 for real leather sandals is so good! www.newlook.co.uk I love the plaited detailing on them, they also have an elastic bit on the side by the buckle so fit nicely. They were such a bargain for £10!

My beach/plane bag! I wanted a big big bag so I could carry lots on the plane but I also wanted one so I could just throw things in to take to the pool. This is a fabric tote/hand bag from New Look, as you can see in the picture it has two different way of holding which I love, cos when you're lugging suitcases around the air port it'll be nice to be able to just throw it over your shoulder and go. It was only £14.99 from New Look, however they do have this bag in a pastel yellow which is £11.99. www.newlook.co.uk

I've wanted one of these for so long, it's a flowery wire headband, I think they're so pretty and are just a little extra accessory to add to your outfit. I love the little flowers and how you can shape the wire around your head so it would fit perfectly on anyone. This was originally £4.99 but they're actually on sale at £2, I think it might've been a clearance sale and I don't know if you can buy them online but I got this from New Look. Www.newlook.co.uk

Finally I got these cute rings also from Monki in London, they were £5 reduced to £2 so I could't not have them! I love delicate rings and i especially love the 'love' one and the way it all ties in together. I don't know if they will have these online but they may have some similar. www.monki.com

I got a few other bits, dresses, playsuits, shoes etc over the past couple of months but they're not too exciting so I'll leave it there. I hope this gives you some inspiration to revamp your summer wardrobe, mine definitely needed it! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment